Health & Science

Health and Science news

Former First Lady Rosalynn Carter stated, 

"There are four kinds of people:those who will become caregivers,those who are caregivers,those who were caregivers,and those who will need caregiving themselves."

November is National Family Caregivers Month.

Did you get your flu shot? It’s not too late.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention state that while influenza vaccination should begin soon after vaccine becomes available, usually in October, as long as flu viruses are circulating, vaccination should continue to be offered even in January or later.

In the book "Soul Service," Christine Cowgill states, “Death should not be viewed as a medical failure but as a natural conclusion to life.”

November is National Hospice and Palliative Care Month.

Antacid medication commercials often feature people overwhelmed at work or regretting eating too many tacos. However, 9 out of 10 ulcers are caused by an infection, not stress or spicy food.

Helicobacter pylori infection is the culprit for 90% of ulcers, according to the Mayo Clinic. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention,the other 10% are caused by the use of drugs like aspirin and ibuprofen.

“Just take a breath.” “Spit it out.” Do these comments seem conducive to effective communication?

Pages