KRCU is licensed to Southeast Missouri State University and follows the University’s personnel procedures available at www.semo.edu. When full time positions become available at the University they are published at that website. KRCU also publishes its professional job openings here.
On-Campus Job Announcement
Radio Announcers Needed at KRCU-FM
Hours Worked: Two weekdays from 5:30am to 9:00am with the availability to fill in other weekdays from 5:30am to 9:00am when needed.
Hours per week: 7, with the possibility for more when needed.
Summary: Serve as On-Air Host/Announcer for KRCU 90.9 FM during Morning Edition, NPR’s flagship morning news program. Specific duties include delivering station promotional content, reading public service announcements and weather forecasts. Regular audio production will be required as well.
KRCU is a fully licensed non-commercial public radio station which operates 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. As a result, successful candidates for employment at KRCU must be willing, prior to being hired, to work holidays and during university breaks. KRCU provides public radio programming to the more than 100,000 people in the southeast Missouri region including the communities of Cape Girardeau, Sikeston, Jackson, and Marble Hill. KRCU broadcasts National Public Radio and American Public Media programs, as well as a variety of music and locally produced programs.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to speak clearly and effectively.
• Ability to learn and operate complex electronic equipment.
• Able to work unsupervised with a high degree of responsibility.
• 3.0 grade point average (exceptions may be made upon interview).
• Commitment to work at KRCU for duration of enrollment at Southeast Missouri State University.
• Willing to work as early as 5:30 a.m.
• Position will include working holidays including Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, Spring Break, etc.
• Preference will be given to those students who will be able to remain in the area and work during the summer.
• Willingness to work as part of a team.
• Promptness is a must.
• Public speaking experience.
• Basic understanding of acoustic principles and audio equipment (including microphones, digital audio editing, etc...).
• Familiarity with the Windows operating system environment.
• Experience in drama or theater.|
• Familiarity with NPR and other public radio programming.
Deadline: • Open Until Filled – Please stop by the KRCU Studios, in the Serena building on the Southeast campus in Cape Girardeau to pick up an application during regular business hours (Monday– Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm). Or apply online at here. For more information call 573-651-5070, or email Jason Brown at email@example.com
There are no full-time positions available at this time.
KRCU-FM seeks student interns to join other interns and professional staff in its news department. KRCU provides training on the job.
Duties include: writing copy, interviewing sources, recording audio, and voicing stories for three daily newscasts and occassional feature news stories; archiving news copy and managing audio files; other duties as assigned.
Requirements include: G.P.A. (in any degree program) of 3.0+; dependability; curiosity; ability to work with small team; computer and typing skills; self starter; excellent speaking and writing skills; and an interest in learning more about public radio. To apply, send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KRCU accepts student applications throughout the academic year. There are several student employment positions at the station with openings occurring from time to time. All of the station’s student jobs involve expectations of professional level work in all facets of radio.
Enrolled Southeast students that complete their internship will receive a $250 stipend from the Herb and Peggy Taylor Endowment for Excellence in Media Communications.
As a unit of its licensee, Southeast Missouri State University, KRCU follows its policies regarding employment searches, as mandated by federal law.