KRCU is licensed to Southeast Missouri State University and follows the University’s personnel procedures available at www.semo.edu. When full time positions become available at the University they are published at that website. KRCU also publishes its professional job openings here.
KRCU Public Radio
KRCU Public Radio provides cultural enrichment to the southeast Missouri region. The station is a National Public Radio (NPR) member and is also affiliated with American Public Media. The studios are located on the campus of Southeast Missouri State University in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Cape Girardeau sits on the on the west bank of the Mississippi River and is a college town of about 40,000 residents. Interstate 55 links Cape with St. Louis just two hours to the north and Memphis three hours to the south. The news programming provided by KRCU is a critical component of the local services provided by the station.
The Feature Reporter produces high quality NPR style audio content and features for both radio and digital. The Feature Reporter will also develop ideas for interview and story topics, work with student reporters to write and edit stories, and ensure a robust digital presence via the KRCU website and social media outlets. Successful candidate will produce weekly interview/feature program and serves as fill-in host for local broadcast of NPR’s news magazines.
● Bachelor’s degree
● Experience in broadcast journalism or related fields
● Demonstrated supervisory or managerial experience
● Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
● Experience working in a deadline oriented environment
● Ability to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
● Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
● Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
● Ability to work in a team oriented environment with a small support staff
● Willingness to work flexible hours
● Demonstrated experience and understanding of customer service
● Demonstrated commitment to working with multi-cultural populations and an awareness of issues affecting women and minorities
Application Deadline: The position is available immediately and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by July 30, 2015.
Required Information: To apply, submit the following items online by clicking on the position you wish to apply for at the below link, then click on the APPLY button at the top of the page:
● Letter of interest addressing position requirements
● Current resume
● Electronic portfolio or website of recent reporting and/or news stories
● Names and telephone numbers of three professional references
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
KRCU-FM seeks student interns to join other interns and professional staff in its news department. KRCU provides training on the job.
Duties include: writing copy, interviewing sources, recording audio, and voicing stories for three daily newscasts and occassional feature news stories; archiving news copy and managing audio files; other duties as assigned.
Requirements include: G.P.A. (in any degree program) of 3.0+; dependability; curiosity; ability to work with small team; computer and typing skills; self starter; excellent speaking and writing skills; and an interest in learning more about public radio. To apply, send a resume to email@example.com.
KRCU accepts student applications throughout the academic year. There are several student employment positions at the station with openings occurring from time to time. All of the station’s student jobs involve expectations of professional level work in all facets of radio.
Enrolled Southeast students that complete their internship will receive a $250 stipend from the Herb and Peggy Taylor Endowment for Excellence in Media Communications.
As a unit of its licensee, Southeast Missouri State University, KRCU follows its policies regarding employment searches, as mandated by federal law.