In this edition of Vargas Speaks, Dr. Vargas discusses:
• The university's budget for FY18 (July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018) and the additional withhold announced by the governor on June 30, 2017.
• Details about the Voluntary Retirement Incentive Program being offered very soon by the university.
• Potential impact of the recent tuition increase and attracting new students.
• The importance of scholarships at Southeast.
• Challenges in the recruitment of international students.
• The Redhawks Bridge Program and how it helps student athletes.
• The university's plans for the upcoming eclipse and many of the events that are happening for the campus and broader community. More eclipse information is at eclipse.semo.edu
This interview was recorded on Thursday, July 13, 2017